Friday, May 30, 2014

UTSA to feature artwork of SWTJC instructor Abel Ortiz


SWTJC art instructor Abel Ortiz is one of 52 artists selected to exhibit a work of art in UTSA's juried exhibition, "New Art/Arte Nuevo: San Antonio 2014". The exhibition runs from June 4 through June 25 in the Arts Building Gallery on the UTSA Main Campus. 


Ortiz's piece "Alas" was selected from a total of 293 works submitted by 78 artists who live, work or have roots in South and West Texas.

"I am always proud to represent SWTJC with my art, I always tell people where I work because I want them to know that even though we are geographically isolated out here in Uvalde, there are people with an appreciation for the fine arts," Ortiz said.   

Ortiz earned his Masters of Arts in 2001 and Master of Fine Arts in 2002 both from the University of Iowa, and has been teaching at SWTJC since 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment